Except the registration, hotel and flight booking, the most important preparation work was to schedule the sessions to attend during the event by using Schedule Builder.
There are 2027 sessions (by 3214 speakers) listed in Content Catalog. Which sessions should I choose? A big headache. I don't know how other attendees normally pick the sessions, but I chose the sessions mainly by speakers who I am interested in. As you can also see from the topics, they are mostly relate to Oracle 12c or performance tuning.
Here are some of those speakers and their sessions:
- Using Oracle Multitenant to Efficiently Manage Development and Test Databases by Alex Gorbachev - CTO, The Pythian Group Inc.
- Near-Zero Downtime Database Migration by Arup Nanda - Database Architect, Starwood Hotels
- Adaptive Query Optimization by Christian Antognini - Senior Principal Consultant, Trivadis AG
- Reading an Automatic Workload Repository Report by Jonathan Lewis - Sole Proprietor, JL Computer Consultancy
- Top Five Things to Know About Oracle Database In-Memory by Maria Colgan - Master Product Manager, Oracle
- How to Upgrade, Migrate, and Consolidate to Oracle Database 12c by Mike Dietrich - Senior Principal Technologist, Oracle
- The Best New Oracle Database 12c Features by Rich Niemiec - Executive Advisor to the International Board, Rolta International Inc.
- Expert Oracle Exadata: Then and Now by Tanel Poder - Technology Evangelist, Enkitec
- What’s New in Oracle Database 12c Release 22.214.171.124? by Tom Kyte - Architect, Oracle